Winter is a magical time of year; fresh snow sparkling in the sun, cozy fires and just the beauty of the day. All of that goes well with a wedding. Below are some ideas for planning a Winter Wonderland Wedding:
- White gown for the bride
- White, gray or black tux for the groom
- A faux fur-lined muff instead of flowers
- A faux fur-lined cape that compliments the dress
- A white crushed velvet wedding gown.
- Line your wedding dress with faux fur.
- A snowglobe cake topper.
- Place the cake on top a pile of fabric (such as silk or satin), cotton snow or shimmery white tulle. This will give a "snow" effect.
- An all-white cake sprinkled liberally with edible glitter.
- Miniature ice sculptures on each table
- A 3-wick pillar candle surrounded by an evergreen wreath
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
- Midnight Blue
- Jordan Almonds.
- Potpourri sachets.
- Small evergreen trees.
- All white Roses
- White Gardenias
- Lots of green or white garland
- White poinsettas.
- White twinkle lights.
- Icicle lights.
- White branches decorated white twinkle lights and tulle.
- Buy (or rent) plants or small trees and decorate with white lights. Looks great if used in the corners of your reception room, at the doorways or even the main entrance.
- A white sleigh
- A white carriage
- Consider using an ice sculpture.
- Have invitations that reflect your winter theme; something with snowflakes or snow or a sled on it.
If you are having a wedding theme and need ideas, or want to add to any of these lists, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!